SENJIT (Special Educational Needs Joint Initiative for Training)
We have more than 20 years experience nationally and internationally in supporting professionals and policy makers in education to contribute to better outcomes for children and young people with special education needs and disabilities (SEND).
Our centre offers research-informed and practice-orientated accredited and non-accredited learning and teaching, has strong partnership links with Local Authorities, federations and alliances, facilitates a range of knowledge exchange activities, and undertakes research that supports the professional learning and knowledge exchange for educational professionals concerned with the learning and teaching of children and young people with SEND.
SENJIT has two main roles:
- support education practitioners in their professional learning;
- support the mobilisation of knowledge in SEND between practitioners, researchers and policy- makers to ensure more research-informed practice in schools.
What we offer
- Accredited postgraduate degree level programmes;
- Accredited foundation level degree modules;
- Short courses;
- Conferences and events;
- Twilight updates;
- Professional Learning Networks
- SENJIT membership
- Development projects with schools: