April 2011 - April 2013
Evidence Informed Policy and Practice in Education in Europe (EIPPEE)
The project is a collaboration between the EPPI-Centre and 34 other partners across Europe to build understanding and capacity in evidence informed policy and practice in education. This involves acknowledging the complex set of relationships that exist between research production and its use and the need for more effective and robust mechanisms in each of the four different parts of the evidence-to-policy system of:
1. The whole evidence informed system
2. Producers of research outputs
4. Users of research (decision makers, such as policymakers and practitioners).
The EIPPEE project will address each of these four parts by undertaking specific objectives to support the establishment of sustainable infrastructures and processes that enable evidence informed policy and practice in education in Europe. The project complements and builds on our previous European Commission co-funded Evidence Informed Policymaking in Education in Europe (EIPEE) project.
The project has four strategic objectives:
1. To develop a transnational European network of organisations/individuals that produce, communicate or use research, as well as those that mediate between the two communities
2. To develop concrete tools for sharing and accessing research
3. To develop good practice, research and indicators in knowledge brokerage in education
4. To provide resources, services, support and engagement for policymakers and practitioners wanting to use research.
These are enhanced by two further cross-cutting objectives:
5. To engage with existing structures representing a range of different stakeholder groups and work interactively with them to encourage participation
6. To develop innovative sustainable arrangements that will maintain all aspects of the project.
The project website at http://www.eippee.eu provides information on all of the above activities as well as further details about how to engage with the project. The website is also home to a new European search portal providing access to range of research in education in Europe.