Come to an Open Day
OFSTED Outstanding - ITE in the Primary phase
OFSTED Outstanding - ITE in the Secondary phase
OFSTED Outstanding - ITE in the Post-Compulsory phase
Read the full Ofsted report hereIOE Ofsted Report November 2013(0.22Kb)
Discover more reasons for choosing us
"I chose the IOE because it had an excellent reputation. I looked around the other London institutes and was told that the IOE was number one."
Bethany Doughty, PGCE Mathematics
The UCL Institute of Education (IOE) has been providing first-class teacher education, in partnership with schools and colleges in the London region for over 100 years. Centrally located in London, we are England's only university dedicated solely to education and are the first choice for many students wishing to become teachers.
Outstanding reputationThe IOE's initial teacher education (ITE) partnership is recognised by Ofsted as 'outstanding' in every criterion across primary, secondary and further education (FE). Ofsted found that the IOE produces consistently good, and often outstanding, newly qualified teachers who significantly enhance education in London schools and colleges and contribute to the rising achievement of learners. The full Ofsted report.
Leading centre for teacher educationWe train more than 1,500 student teachers every year.
We have the UK's biggest range of teacher training courses.
We offer training placements with 600 schools and colleges in Greater London.
Excellent employabilityOur graduates are highly sought after. 95% of them were employed as teachers within the first six months of them completing their programme in 2012.
Find a course
Study with us full-time or part-time, on our:
- PGCE Primary courses, to teach pupils aged 5-11
- PGCE Secondary courses, to teach pupils aged 11-16 or 14-19
- PGCE Post-compulsory courses, to teach learners of all ages over 14, studying in FE colleges, sixth form colleges, prisons, health centres, community centres, PRUs, workplaces, adult education institutes, independent training providers, etc.
Study with us while based in a school, on our:
- Employment-based routes, for graduates training 'on the job'
- School Direct route, for graduates wanting a school-led teacher training programme.