Higher Education Management MBA
This masters degree will:
- offer an intellectual and professional challenge as a component in the professional formation of future senior higher education managers
- develop your understanding of the key concepts in the academic literature and in the field of professional practice relevant to higher education management
- increase your capacity for critical reflection on your own professional practice, drawing on a range of theoretical and practice-based perspectives
- create a community of practice, committed to mutual support and to enhancing and sharing professional insights.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- access high-level professional development in the area of higher education management
- gain a relevant, portable management qualification
- develop insights into new areas of management, to enable you to change career orientation if you wish
- become part of a senior higher education management network.
Who is this programme for?
People with management responsibilities in higher education.
A good honours degree and appropriate experience of higher education management.
- The strategic management of higher education institutions
- The management of financial resources in higher education
- The management of teaching and research in higher education.
- The environmentally sustainable university
- Human resource management in higher education
- Institutional governance in higher education
- Internationalisation in higher education
- The management of physical resources in higher education
- Managing third stream activities in higher education
- Managing the student experience
- Marketing in higher education.
How are you assessed?
By coursework, including presented syndicate work, and a 10,000-word report on a consultancy project or a 20,000-word dissertation.
The set fees are for the whole two-year programme, not including residential costs. The fee for international students does not include costs for travel to and from the UK or for accommodation.
Five face-to-face one-week intensive residential sessions.
Where do our students go?
Graduates of this masters degree are currently working as:
- university pro vice-chancellors
- head of university administration
- director of policy for a national higher education organisation.
Download our course brochure 2013-14 (pdf, 0.3mb).
- An Independent Study in Higher Education Management
- Human Resource Management in Higher Education
- Institutional Governance in Higher Education
- Internationalisation in Higher Education
- Lifelong Learning
- Managing the Student Experience
- Managing Third Stream Activities in Higher Education
- Marketing in Higher Education
- The Environmentally Sustainable University
- The Management Of Financial Resources In Higher Education (Part 1)
- The Management Of Financial Resources In Higher Education 2
- The Management Of Physical Resources In Higher Education
- The Management of Teaching and Research in Higher Education