Curriculum, Pedagogy And Assessment MA
This masters degree will:
- enable you to analyse and reflect on your professional experience
- examine new developments in policy and practice
- give you the skills to become a successful leader
- help you to create and sustain change.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- comprehend, analyse, debate and evaluate viewpoints
- improve your research literacy and research skills
- develop your expertise in curriculum development, teaching and learning and assessment practices.
Who is this programme for?
Professionals in education – for example, teachers, lecturers, inspectors or those working for government agencies.
A good first degree, plus an approved teaching qualification or appropriate professional experience.
- Curriculum design and development
- Education research
- Assessment issues and practice
- Assessment for learning.
- Effective learning
- Teaching and learning in classrooms.
How are you assessed?
By 5,000-word coursework assignments and a 20,000-word dissertation or 10,000-word report.
Face-to-face evening and occasional Saturday sessions. Some modules are also available online.
Where do our students go?
Graduates of this masters degree are currently working as:
- heads of department, deputy heads and headteachers in UK schools
- curriculum developers in government education departments
- university lecturers and researchers.
- Assessment for Learning
- Assessment: Issues and Practice
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Educational Testing
- Investigating Research Into Schooling, Curriculum, Teaching And Learning