Teaching and Learning in Higher and Professional Education MA
This masters degree will:
- develop your practical teaching skills
- increase your understanding of the issues and factors which affect learning in higher and professional education
- allow you to reflect on key underlying educational philosophies, pedagogy and your academic experience in order to enhance your professional practice
- give you the opportunity to undertake a small-scale research project
- address nationally agreed professional standards.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- be eligible for Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) as a route to becoming a Registered Practitioner (completion of set modules applies)
- build on the Professional Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher and Professional Education
- undertake the Performing Arts Pathway.
Who is this programme for?
Lecturers and other professionals working in further, higher or professional education.
A good first degree or equivalent. You should currently be employed in an appropriate educational or professional institution, since the programme requires practical work within a teaching or training context, and elements of the assessment framework are also strongly related to your employment context.
- University and professional teaching
- Assessing learning
- Designing courses and curricula
- Teaching and learning with digital technologies
- Supervisory and professional practice
- Improving lecturing
- Learning in small groups
- Innovation and change in higher and professional education
- Learning and teaching for adults
- One-to-one teaching, mentoring and supervision in the performing arts
- Small group coaching in performing arts.
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments (including a portfolio of practice), practical activities and a 20,000-word dissertation or 10,000-word report.
Face-to-face evening sessions, regular inductions and tutorials, and two-day workshops. For some of the workshops, there is a possibility of attending online via Open Mode.
Where do our students go?
Graduates of this masters degree are currently working as:
- university lecturers.
Following successful completion of the Prof Cert or Masters degree some graduates use this as evidence to gain promotion within their working context.
This programme is not suitable for international students on a Tier 4 visa
- Advancing Teaching And Learning In Higher And Professional Education
- Dissertation In Teaching And Learning In Higher Or Professional Education
- Understanding Teaching And Learning In Higher And Professional Education