Teaching and Learning in Higher and Professional Education MA
Interested in finding out more about this programme? Book your place at the Postgraduate Open Day on Wednesday 2 April 2014.
This masters degree will:
- develop your practical teaching skills
- increase your understanding of the issues and factors which affect learning in higher and professional education
- allow you to reflect on key underlying educational philosophies, pedagogy and your academic experience in order to enhance your professional practice
- give you the opportunity to undertake a small-scale research project
- address nationally agreed professional standards.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- be eligible for Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) as a route to becoming a Registered Practitioner (completion of set modules applies)
- build on the Professional Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher and Professional Education .
Who is this programme for?
Lecturers and other professionals working in further, higher or professional education.
A good first degree or equivalent. You should currently be employed in an appropriate educational or professional institution, since the programme requires practical work within a teaching or training context, and elements of the assessment framework are also strongly related to your employment context.
- University and professional teaching
- Assessing learning
- Designing courses and curricula
- Teaching and learning with digital technologies
- Supervisory and professional practice
- Improving lecturing
- Learning in small groups
- Innovation and change in higher and professional education
- Learning and teaching for adults.
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments (including a portfolio of practice), practical activities and a 20,000-word dissertation or 10,000-word report.
Face-to-face evening sessions, regular inductions and tutorials, and two-day workshops. For some of the workshops, there is a possibility of attending online via Open Mode.
Where do our students go?
Graduates of this masters degree are currently working as:
- university lecturers.
Following successful completion of the Prof Cert or Masters degree some graduates use this as evidence to gain promotion within their working context.
- Advancing Teaching And Learning In Higher And Professional Education
- Dissertation In Teaching And Learning In Higher Or Professional Education
- Understanding Teaching And Learning In Higher And Professional Education