Professional Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher and Professional Education
This programme is currently undergoing a review and it is anticipated that, subject to validation, there will be a new delivery mode for national and international students consisting of two intensive 2 day sessions in London plus supported online learning. For more information contact Gwyneth Hughes.
This programme will:
- develop your practical skills and understanding of learning, teaching, assessment, course and curriculum design, development and management within the structure of higher and professional education.
- is designed to fit into the institutional commitments of busy professionals
- has been accredited by the Higher Education Academy as a route to becoming a Fellow (FHEA)
- offers a pathway leading to a specialist professional certificate in music teaching.
Who is this programme for?
Academic and academic-related staff in higher education, and individuals with training and/or supervisory roles in educational or professional institutions.
A good first degree or equivalent. You should currently be employed in an appropriate educational or professional institution, as the programme requires practical work in a teaching context.
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments, including a portfolio providing evidence of your developing professional practice.
Face-to-face one-day, two-day and three-day workshops and regular individual tutorials.
Where do our students go?
Graduates of this professional certificate are currently working as:
- university and college lecturers and researchers.
Following successful completion of this programme some graduates use this as evidence to gain promotion within their working context.
This programme is not suitable for international students on a Tier 4 visa