Professional Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher and Professional Education
This programme will:
- develop your practical skills and understanding of learning, teaching, assessment, course and curriculum design, development and management within the structure of higher and professional education.
- is designed to fit into the institutional commitments of busy professionals
- has been accredited by the Higher Education Academy as a route to becoming a Fellow (FHEA)
- offers a pathway leading to a specialist professional certificate in music teaching.
Who is this programme for?
Academic and academic-related staff in higher education, and individuals with training and/or supervisory roles in educational or professional institutions.
A good first degree or equivalent. You should currently be employed in an appropriate educational or professional institution, as the programme requires practical work in a teaching context.
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments, including a portfolio of 10,000 words providing evidence of your developing professional practice, and two essays of 3,000 words.
Face-to-face one-day, two-day and three-day workshops and regular individual tutorials.
- Advanced Course in University and Professional Teaching
- Assessing Learning
- Designing Courses and Curricula
- Developing Supervisory and Professional Practice
- Improving Lecturing
- Incorporating ICT into Teaching/Training Practice in Higher and Professional Education
- Learning in Small Groups