Education And International Development MA
This masters degree will:
- introduce concepts of development and educational development
- assess the role of education and learning in the development process by examining theories of development and education in development
- examine contemporary policy issues regarding education in low- and middle-income countries.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- be taught by renowned researchers of international education and international guest speakers
- meet a diverse student group (our alumni are from more than 80 countries)
- benefit from participatory interactive teaching methods
- make a study visit to Paris (not included in the course fee) incorporating UNESCO, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP)
- take some modules online.
Who is this programme for?
People working in the formal and non-formal sectors in education and international development.
A good first degree or equivalent (for example, our BA Education Studies) and, normally, appropriate experience in a low- or middle-income country.
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments and a 20,000-word dissertation or 10,000-word report.
Mixed mode, including face-to-face daytime or evening sessions, intensive modules, and online learning.
- Children's Rights In Practice
- Education and Development in Asia
- Education And International Development: Concepts, Theories And Issues
- Gender, Education and Development
- Gender: Theory and Practice in Education
- Introduction to Social Research in Health Promotion
- Learners, Learning and Teaching in the Context of Education for All
- Planning for Education and Development
- Promoting Health And Wellbeing: Planning, Practice And Participation
- Theories of Childhood and Children's Rights